This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.londonartclasse.com.
London Art Classes is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are: London Art Classes
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 165 Childers Street, London, SE8 5JR
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com.
What data do we collect about you?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data. We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
• Identity Data including your first name and last name
• Contact Data including your email address and telephone number
• Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and purchases
• Information related to your attendance of our art classes and private tuition sessions
• Other information about your interest in attending our classes
• When browsing our site, your IP address, your browser type and language. This is for statistical use only and is not linked to your personal data.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal information:
• when you complete a booking form on our website to attend one of our classes or private tuition sessions, or purchase a gift voucher
• when you visit our website
• when you otherwise interact with us.
How we process your personal information
We use your information to:
• contact you to arrange a booking for a class, private tuition session or to purchase a gift voucher
• contact you to inform you of changes or cancellations to the class you have booked
• let you know about news from London Art Classes if you have opted into our newsletter
• perform our obligations under any contracts that we have with you
• to keep records of purchases and attendance
• comply with legal and regulatory obligations
• to improve the customer experience of our website.
How we share your personal information
Except as expressly set out in this policy we never share your personal information with third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Without exception, our only interest is in the promotion of art through the studio.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party service providers if this is necessary to provide you with our services, taking card payments for example.
We may also share your personal information with law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so.
Legal basis for processing
There are a number of different legal grounds for processing personal information. Which one is applicable will depend on precisely how we are processing your information and for what purpose. Most commonly we will be processing your information where it is necessary:
• to pursue our legitimate business interests and where there is no undue adverse impact on you. Our legitimate business interest include ensuring that we provide an effective service for you
• to perform our contractual obligations to you
• to comply with our legal obligations; or
• because you have consented to the processing that we are carrying out.
Under EU data protection laws you have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. We respect and honour these rights and will help you to exercise them insofar as we are able. These rights are not absolute – in some cases they will not apply to you, or to the particular use that we are making of your data, and there are exceptions (for example if we have to process the data to comply with our own legal obligations) but if that is the case we will let you know.
Your rights include the right to:
• Access your personal information (via what is commonly known as a "data subject access request")
• Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• Require the erasure of your personal information
• Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• Object to decisions being taken by automated means (including profiling) which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you wish to access a copy of your personal data or exercise any of your other rights your request must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have agreed to be contacted for marketing by opting in to our newsletter we may use your personal information to send you information about our art classes.
You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time, and details of how to unsubscribe will be included on any email we send you.
You can also "unsubscribe" from our mailing list at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will not share your personal information with any third party's for the purpose of marketing.
Links to other sites
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us.
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect store about you.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used on our website. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.